Founded in 1900 in Columbus, OH by members of the Beatty family, George and Robert J. Originally producing bottles, jars and tumblers, they developed a full range of pressed wares which were included in their 1914 catalog.
Pressed wares were manufactured, as an imitation of cut glass, by many factories as a more affordable product for the mass market. By the end of the first quarter of the twentieth century Federal Glass was producing full lines of table wares. Federal Glass ceased production by 1980 and shut down.
Federal Glass is identified by the "F" inside a shield moulded in relief on the bottom of each piece.